When we found out that Baby Brack was a Lady Brack, I immediately went to work creating a nursery mood board. My first instinct was to keep it gender neutral for future babies, but I have too much fun decorating/choosing/designing/planning to leave the nursery the same for whenever baby dos happens, so feminine touches were allowed and encouraged.
The dresser pictured is from Ikea, but it doesn't exist anymore. Instead, I found a Craigslist dresser that we sanded and painted the peach color pictured.
Here is the before.
On the list of things to do:
1. Scrape popcorn ceilings & retexture - done
2. Rip out carpet and baseboards - done
3. Lay flooring and install new baseboards - flooring done/baseboards not
4. Rip out the bifold doors and replace with this DIY (probably in mint or grey)
5. Replace fan - done
6. Paint the room bright white - done
7. Paint the baseboards
7. Make the closet function with all of the necessary shelves and rods
8. Find a solution for books/toys
I have a blank wall in which I don't know what to do with. I like the idea of doing a woven art piece like this.
I love this room. I find myself sitting in there and just looking around absorbing all of the future cuteness. The dogs are already standing at the threshold waiting for permission to come in. They know!